A Trade Fair (Trade Show, Trade Exhibition or Expo) can be called as an Exhibition or Show which is organized by the companies of a specific industry so that they can showcase and demonstrate their latest products, services, study activities of rivals and examine recent market trends and opportunities.
- are the most economic and efficient way to win market share.
- constitute the most complete communication tool where direct, face to face interaction takes place between the buyer and the seller and the five senses are put into operation.
- are the ideal place to establish business contacts: to meet up with regular customers and to win over new clients, offering new services and/or products.
- enable you to monitor the degree of satisfaction of real or potential customers with your products compared to those of competitors.
- provide on-the-spot feedback on the introduction of new products and/or improvements in existing ones.
The objective of Travel Trade Fairs is to give a platform to everyone involved in the business of travel and bring everyone under the same roof. To network, to draw new business opportunities, to conquer the world as businessmen know it.
There are number of travel trade shows which are held at national and international level. At international level we have main PATA Travel Mart focusing on promotion of tourism in Pacific Asia, World Travel Market is a vibrant must attend four day business to business event presenting a diverse range of destinations and industry sectors to UK and International travel professionals. It is a unique opportunity for the whole global travel trade to meet, network, negotiate and conduct business under one roof. In addition, to it world’s largest tourism convention ITB Berlin Convention provides unique opportunities to benefit from the leading think tank of the global tourism industry. The EIBTM and IMEX are without a doubt the best MICE shows in the world although AIME in Australia is also a good event aimed at the MICE market.
In India we have so many travel trade fairs such as India Travel Mart which is held every year at different states at different times. IITM (India International Travel Mart) SATTE , OTM (Outbound Travel Mart), Great Indian Travel Bazaar and Travel & Tourism Fair (TTF) are some of the major trade fairs which are held every year in India and are of utmost importance for travel and tourism sector.