A Call Centre is a centralized office used for the purpose of receiving or transmitting a large volume of requests by telephone. An inbound call centre is operated by a company to administer incoming product support or information inquiries from consumers. Outbound call centres are operated for telemarketing, solicitation of charitable or political donations, debt collection and market research.
Call Centre Services refers to the business process outsourcing services in the outsourcing industry in India, catering mainly to Western operations of multinational corporations (MNCs).
Types of Call Centres
- Inbound Call Centre - Answering Services, Customer Services, Inquiry Handling, Inbound Sales, and Order Taking.
- Outbound Call Centre - Appointment Setting, Telemarketing, Lead Generation, Collections.
- Business Process - Financial Accounting, HR Services, Data Processing & Chat Email Support.
- Knowledge Process - Business & Market Research, Content Development, and Management Training.
- Web Solutions - Website Design, Branding, Internet Marketing & Website Maintenance.
As of 2012, around 2.8 million people work in outsourcing sector. Annual revenues are around $11 billion, around 1% of GDP.
In 2016, the GDP of National Economy is accepted to be worth $277 billion.