Enthusiasm, Drive, Ambition, Initiative, Determination, Enterprise
Motivation can be defined as desire or willingness to do something. Motivation has been shown to have roots in physiological, behavioral, cognitive, and social areas. Motivation may be rooted in a basic impulse to optimize well-being, minimize physical pain and maximize pleasure. It can also originate from specific physical needs such as eating, sleeping or resting.
Motivation is an inner drive to behave or act in a certain manner. "It's the difference between waking up before dawn to pound the pavement and lazing around the house all day." These inner conditions such as wishes, desires and goals, activate to move in a particular direction in behavior.
Components of Motivation
There are three major components to motivation: Activation, Persistence and Intensity.
- Activation involves the decision to initiate a behavior, such as enrolling in a psychology class.
- Persistence is the continued effort toward a goal even though obstacles may exist, such as taking more psychology courses in order to earn a degree although it requires a significant investment of time, energy and resources.
- Finally, Intensity can be seen in the concentration and vigor that goes into pursuing a goal.
Motivators - The Introduction
Achiever; Dynamic; Energetic Person; Man of Action; Mover & Shaker; and Risk-taker
The one who gives a positive motivational influence.... by the intelligence, experience and ability of convincing people helps a motivator to motivate others. The motivator is a person who inspires or stimulates others to perform a particular job. The difference of performance between a motivated man and an unmotivated one is tremendously better.
Motivation can dramatically increase the productivity of a person. Motivation has miraculous impact. It can make a dull and lackluster student to a topnotch one.
We say research in an common parlance refers to search of knowledge.
There is no specific formula for motivation. There are three steps for motivation: Appreciation, Involvement and Incentive.
- Among all appreciation has the wonderful affect. If we appreciate kids for their activities, wife for her special dish or any other members in the family, the result will be noticeably improved. It happens everywhere, office, school, society and everywhere.
- Involvement mean the involvement of the motivator. If the motivator himself is involved in a particular job, other get automatic motivated. The work-result would be satisfactory.
- Incentive is another factor of motivation. Rewards, recognitions etc are the names of incentive, which make everybody motivated.